Let’s face it life hits us all. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of taking care of everyone else. That we often forget to take care of ourselves.
Allow me to be transparent for a moment. I took a hiatus from my career and the industry to reflect on life. I needed that time of solitude for myself. For so long I had been everything to everyone else. I put others before my own needs. I paid the cost for that. It left me feeling empty and drained. I needed to refill my cup in order to receive Gods overflow for me. I had to take time to grieve the losses I had experienced, because I had been hit with some hard blows. I turned down opportunities you would’ve dream of due to some of those losses.
To get back to me and back into the game. I even challenged myself to participate in a 5k race. It was the first one I had ever done. I also dared myself to complete it with no training. I had to be fearless and take that leap of faith to keep going. As I completed that victory lap. I felt so much weight lifted off of me. It was the start to this new chapter in my life to restoring, refining and reclaiming what was lost.
Here are 5 ways to put yourself first
1. Clean out your closet and get rid of items that no longer fit the new you. If items are worn out and faded. Replace them with some new fun sexy and colorful pieces
2. Pamper yourself at home begin giving yourself nightly facials. It’s relaxing and guarantees you at least 15 minutes to yourself doing the day.
3. Change up your hair and if you’re really feeling liberated cut if off and start over
4. Change up your routine or create a routine that works for you and not someone else’s schedule
5. Get back to your old hobbies allow them to fuel your passion!
Love and Grace,
LaTonya “Lady L”